Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Jamierian Bento V1



The meal in question today is a homemade bento made by none other than the Jamiers that the blog is named after. What we have here is a generous serving of rice with sides of sautéd mushrooms as well as tomatoes mixed with eggs and potatoes.

Right in the center of the rice there is some we have some essence of chili, it added a very light kick to the rice when mixed together. It was a a great addition to the dish but I personally would have liked some more. More kick more fun.

My first bite was pretty funny I think. I jumped straight for the mushrooms and I think I had gotten at least 5 pieces stuck between different teeth dangling. I imagine the smile I made right after the first bite was killer. The tomatoes were nice and firm with a fresh taste to it and the potatoes were nicely cut with a defined shape and a thickness that was spot on.

This was a lot of food but great when split in half for two meals. My biggest complaint was that there wasn't enough broth which leads me to my next point. This meal works fantastic as a bento. when I ate it soon after it was completed there was a lack of broth but as time passed water condensed around the sides making a pseudo broth. This really did wonders for the dish. I couldn't help myself from wolfing it all down.
This is a perfect meal to take to work from home.

Jamiers and i both ate together at the time and i do feel like i had the better of the meals :D
I hands down had the better tomatoes and mushrooms. My potatoes were better too :D
This was just the Jamiers first attempt at a bento and it was already so good.
I am really excited to try her second attempt.




Website: Jamiers eats
Location: Earth


No comments:

Post a Comment