Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Istanbul

Fried Calamari $7.95 
I love fried calamari and this dish was great. I'm not sure what the sauce was; perhaps a variation of white sauce, or just plain white sauce topped with a seasoning.

Iskender
Thinnly grilled lamb slices topped with tomato sauce with a side of yogurt sauce
Price unknown

Iskender is a popular meat dish in Northwestern Turkey. It was worth a venture to give it a try. I'm not really a fan of lamb but the way they prepared it here made it tastier than expected. The lamb-y taste was close to absent. The downside about this dish was the yogurt sauce. It might have been overdone, to be honest. It took up half of the plate and I had no idea if I was supposed to eat it with the lamb or not so in the end I was just left with a blob of sauce. I think I would've preferred more meat and less yogurt sauce (like probably a quarter of the dish would be great)
Chicken Adana
chopped and grilled on skewer chicken flavored with red bell peppers, gently spiced with paprika and garlic with plain rice and side salad
$12.75

A satisfying dish. The chicken tasted great and went well with the rice. The salad gave a lighter side to the dish, which I loved. The portion size was just right. Usually I get a little panicky when they give too much food and I can't finish it. Overall, good meal. Kind of pricy for me, but I got to try it so yay.

Don't just take my word for this, if any of these dishes speak out to you, i implore you to try them yourselves and leave a comment below with your opinion. I'll be leaving the address below as well as a link to the menu. Enjoy :)

Menu: Istanbul

No comments:

Post a Comment